—(1) Any solicitor may, subject to this section and any rules made thereunder, apply to the court to have his name removed from the roll.
(2) Every such application shall be made by way of originating summons and shall be supported by an affidavit in the prescribed form which shall be served on the Society not less than 2 months before the application is heard.
(3) The Society may for good cause require the applicant to advertise his intention to make the application in such manner as the Society shall direct.
(4) An application under this section shall be heard by a single Judge sitting in open court.
(5) No order shall be made on an application under this section if the Judge is satisfied that —
disciplinary action is pending against the applicant; or
the conduct of the applicant is the subject of inquiry or investigation under the provisions of this Part.
(6) At the hearing of any such application, the Judge may make an order —
directing the Registrar to remove the applicant’s name from the roll; or
adjourning the application indefinitely or to such date as the Judge deems fit,
and such order for the payment of costs as may be just.