Town Councils Act
(Chapter 329A, Sections 24(2)(A))
Town Council of Tampines (Administrative Fee for Late Payment of Conservancy and Service Charges) By-laws
REVISED EDITION 1998
(15th June 1998)
[1st August 1993]
1. These By-laws may be cited as the Town Council of Tampines (Administrative Fee for Late Payment of Conservancy and Service Charges) By-laws.
—(1) Where any conservancy and service charge payable by any tenant or owner to the Town Council of Tampines is in arrears during any preceding 6 months, the tenant or owner shall be liable to pay to the Town Council an administrative fee of $50.
(2) The tenant or owner shall not be liable to pay the administrative fee referred to in paragraph (1) more than once in respect of the same period of 6 months or part thereof.
3. The Town Council may, in its discretion, apply any moneys paid by the tenant or owner firstly towards the payment of the amount of administrative fee payable under these By-laws and thereafter apply any balance of such moneys towards the amount of conservancy and service charge or any part thereof which remains in arrears.
4. The Town Council may, in its discretion, remit wholly or in part any administrative fee payable under these By-laws.
[G.N. No.S 326/93]
5. With effect from 1st February 2002, these By-laws shall apply to every tenant or owner of any flat in any residential or commercial property, or any stall in any market or food centre of the Board within any area of the former Town of Pasir Ris which is now comprised in the Town of Tampines by virtue of the Town Councils (Declaration of Towns) Order 2001 (G.N. No. S 563/2001).