—(1) The Chairman shall summon meetings of the Council as often as may be required.
(2) The quorum at every meeting of the Council shall be 6 members.
(3) Every decision at a meeting of the Council shall be adopted by a simple majority of the votes of the members present and voting, except that in the case of an equality of votes, the Chairman or, in his absence, the Deputy Chairman of the Council shall have a casting vote.
(4) The Chairman or, in his absence, the Deputy Chairman shall preside at a meeting of the Council.
(5) In the absence of the Chairman and the Deputy Chairman at a meeting of the Council, such member as the members present may elect shall preside at the meeting.
(6) The Council may grant leave of absence from a meeting of the Council to a member thereof.
(7) The Council shall not be precluded from holding a meeting or acting in any matter merely by reason of any vacancy in its membership.
(8) Subject to the provisions of this Act, the Council may make standing orders to regulate its own procedure.