3. An Auxiliary Police Force may adopt such title as may be agreed between the Commissioner and the employer.
4. Every auxiliary police officer in an Auxiliary Police Force shall undergo and pass such examinations and schemes of training as the Commissioner, from time to time in consultation with the employer of that Force, may direct to fit the auxiliary police officer for the duties which he may be called upon to perform.
5. Unless otherwise approved by the Commissioner, the ranks of auxiliary police officers in any Auxiliary Police Force shall be, in descending order of seniority, as follows:
Auxiliary Police Assistant Commissioner;
Auxiliary Police Deputy Assistant Commissioner;
Auxiliary Police Superintendent;
Auxiliary Police Deputy Superintendent;
Auxiliary Police Assistant Superintendent;
Auxiliary Police Senior Inspector;
Auxiliary Police Inspector;
Auxiliary Police Senior Station Inspector;
Auxiliary Police Station Inspector;
Auxiliary Police Senior Staff Sergeant;
Auxiliary Police Staff Sergeant;
Auxiliary Police Sergeant;
Auxiliary Police Corporal;
Auxiliary Police Lance Corporal; and
Auxiliary Police Constable.
—(1) Subject to paragraph (5), an auxiliary police officer in an Auxiliary Police Force may be promoted only by the employer of that Auxiliary Police Force, after considering the recommendations of the Promotions Board for that Force in respect of that auxiliary police officer.
(2) Every employer of an Auxiliary Police Force shall establish a Promotions Board to assess the suitability of every auxiliary police officer employed in that Auxiliary Police Force for promotion.
(3) The Promotions Board shall consist of —
the Commander of the Auxiliary Police Force;
a person nominated by the Commissioner to represent the interests of the Singapore Police Force, and
at least one other representative nominated by the employer.
(4) The employer of an Auxiliary Police Force may appoint the chairman of the Promotions Board from among the persons referred to in paragraph (3).
(5) Any auxiliary police officer who is in an Auxiliary Police Force may be promoted only after he has passed such examination or tests and met such other criteria as the Commissioner may consider applicable to that Auxiliary Police Force.