PROVISIONS RELATING TO STAFF
—(1) The Authority shall, with the approval of the Minister, appoint a chief executive of the Authority on such terms and conditions as the Authority may think fit.
(2) The chief executive shall —
be known by such designation as the Authority may determine;
be responsible to the Authority for the proper administration and management of the functions and affairs of the Authority in accordance with the policy laid down by the Authority; and
not be removed from office without the consent of the Minister.
(3) If the chief executive is temporarily absent from Singapore or temporarily incapacitated by illness or for any other reason temporarily unable to perform his duties, another person may be appointed by the Authority with the approval of the Minister to act in the place of the chief executive during such period of absence from duty.
—(1) The Authority may —
appoint such number of employees on such terms as to remuneration or otherwise as the Authority may determine; and
engage and remunerate for their services such persons or agents as the Authority considers necessary for carrying out its functions and duties.
(2) The termination of appointment, dismissal and disciplinary control of the employees of the Authority shall be vested in the Authority.
(3) The Authority may make rules, not inconsistent with the provisions of this Act or of any other written law, for the appointment, promotion, dismissal, termination of service, disciplinary control and terms and conditions of service of all persons employed by the Authority.
20. No matter or thing done and no contract of any kind entered into by the Authority and no matter or thing done by a member or employee of the Authority or by any other person whomsoever acting under the direction of the Authority shall, if the matter or thing was done or the contract was entered into bona fide for the purpose of executing the provisions of this Act, subject such member, employee or person acting under the direction of the Authority personally to any action, liability, claim or demand whatsoever in respect thereof.