—(1) Every application for registration under section 3 shall be made in the prescribed form and shall be accompanied by such information as may be required by any rules made under this Act.
(2) The Registrar may in his discretion register or refuse to register any person applying for registration in respect of any goods or class of goods and at the time of registering any person may impose such conditions as he thinks fit.
(3) Where any person satisfies the Minister that immediately before the specification of any particular goods or class of goods in the First Schedule he —
was engaged in the manufacture in Singapore of those goods or class of goods; or
had bona fide made substantial preparations for, or incurred expense with a view to, the manufacture in Singapore of those goods or class of goods,
an application by that person for registration in respect of those goods or class of goods within 6 months of the specification shall not be refused, and no condition may be imposed in respect thereof.
(4) Any person aggrieved by the imposition of any condition by the Registrar, or by the refusal of the Registrar to register any person, may appeal in writing to the Minister whose decision shall be final.
(5) Every application for registration shall be accompanied by such fee as may be prescribed.
(6) Registration shall not be transferable from one person to another without the written consent of the Minister, which consent shall not be withheld in respect of any registration to which subsection (3) applies.