—(1) An arrest warrant must ordinarily be directed to the Commissioner of Police or to the head or director of any law enforcement agency, or any person of a similar rank in such law enforcement agency.
(2) An arrest warrant —
if directed to the Commissioner of Police, may be executed by any police officer or any person appointed by the Commissioner of Police; or
if directed to the head or director of any law enforcement agency, or any person of a similar rank in such law enforcement agency, may be executed by any person appointed by the head, director or any person of a similar rank.
(3) The court issuing an arrest warrant may direct it to any person or persons by name or office and such person or persons may execute the warrant.
(4) When an arrest warrant is directed to more than one person, all or any of them may execute it.
70. A person subject to an arrest warrant may be arrested by a person authorised to execute the warrant or by a police officer.
—(1) An arrest warrant issued by a court under this Code must be in writing bearing the seal of the court and signed by a Magistrate or District Judge, as the case may be, or in the case of the High Court, by a Judge of the High Court or by the Registrar of the Supreme Court.
(2) The arrest warrant shall remain in force until it is executed, or cancelled by a court.
—(1) A court issuing an arrest warrant may direct by endorsement on the warrant that, if the person subject to the arrest warrant executes a bond with sufficient sureties for his attendance at the next sitting of the court after the day of arrest and at every subsequent sitting until the court directs otherwise, then the person to whom the warrant is directed must take such security and release the person subject to the arrest warrant from custody.
(2) The endorsement must state —
the number of sureties; and
the amount that the sureties and the person subject to the arrest warrant are respectively bound.
(3) When security is taken under this section, the person to whom the warrant is directed must, when required, send the bond to the court.
73. The police officer or other person executing an arrest warrant must inform the arrested person of the content of the warrant and, if required, show him the warrant or a copy of it.
74. Subject to section 72, the police officer or other person executing an arrest warrant must bring the arrested person to the court before which he is required by law to produce that person without unnecessary delay.