—(1) The first ordinary meeting of the Council shall be convened by the Honorary General Secretary of the previous Council —
before the end of the first term of the academic year; and
not later than 2 weeks before the date fixed for the annual general meeting of the Union.
(2) The first item on the agenda of that first meeting shall be the election of the Chairman of the new Council who shall not be a member of the Executive Committee.
(3) The election of the Chairman of the new Council shall be presided by the Chairman of the previous Council who shall have no vote unless he is also a member of the new Council.
(4) The Council, presided by the newly elected Chairman, shall then elect the office-bearers of the Executive Committee from among the members of that Committee.
(5) The minutes of the first meeting shall be recorded by the Honorary General Secretary of the previous Council.
(6) At the first meeting, the provisional budget for the ensuing year as proposed by the Finance Committee of the previous Council shall be considered and recommendations shall be submitted to the Principal for the approval of the Board.