Constitution and proceedings of Council
1. The Council shall consist of such members as may be appointed by the Minister.
2.—(1) The Chairman and the Deputy Chairman shall be appointed by the Minister from among its members.
(2) The Deputy Chairman may, subject to such directions as may be given by the Chairman, exercise all or any of the powers exercisable by the Chairman under this Act.
3. The Minister may appoint any member to be a temporary Chairman or temporary Deputy Chairman during the temporary incapacity from illness or otherwise or during the temporary absence from Singapore of the Chairman or the Deputy Chairman, as the case may be.
4. The Minister may revoke the appointment of the Chairman, the Deputy Chairman or any appointed member without assigning any reason.
5. The Chairman, the Deputy Chairman or an appointed member, unless his appointment is revoked by the Minister or unless he resigns during his term of office, shall hold office for such period as the Minister may determine and shall be eligible for reappointment.
6. If an appointed member resigns, dies or has his appointment revoked before the expiry of the term for which he has been appointed, the Minister may appoint a person to fill the vacancy for the residue of the term for which his predecessor was appointed.
7. There shall be paid to the Chairman, the Deputy Chairman and other members, out of the funds of the Council, such salaries, fees and allowances as the Minister may from time to time determine.
8.—(1) The Council shall meet for the despatch of business at such times and places as the Chairman may from time to time appoint.
(2) At every meeting of the Council, one half of the number of members shall form a quorum.
(3) A decision at a meeting of the Council shall be adopted by a simple majority of the members present and voting except that in the case of an equality of votes the Chairman or member presiding shall have a casting vote in addition to his original vote.
(4) The Chairman or in his absence the Deputy Chairman shall preside at meetings of the Council.
(5) Where both the Chairman and the Deputy Chairman are absent at a meeting, such member as the members present may elect shall preside at that meeting.
(6) Subject to the provisions of this Act, the Council may make rules to regulate its own procedures generally and, in particular, regarding the holding of meetings, the notice to be given of such meetings, the proceedings thereat, the keeping of minutes and the custody, production and inspection of such minutes.