Procedure for Second Test of Urine Specimens
1. Where a subject has made an application to the Permanent Secretary, Ministry of Defence, within the period specified by regulation 6(1), the Permanent Secretary shall direct the removal of the container containing that subject’s urine specimen from the cold room at the Urine Bank.
2. The subject and his defending office or solicitor, if he is represented, may be permitted to witness the removal of that container from the cold room at such time as may be specified by the Permanent Secretary, Ministry of Defence.
3. The subject shall be allowed to inspect the container to satisfy himself that the label affixed thereto bears his particulars and that the seal has not been tampered with.
4. The subject and his defending officer or solicitor shall be allowed to accompany the person taking the container containing the urine specimen from the Urine Bank to the Drug Analytical Laboratory for the second test.
5. The Drug Analytical Laboratory shall acknowledge the receipt of that container.
6. The Chief Medical Officer shall arrange for a person other than the person who conducted the first test of the subject’s urine specimen to carry out the second test.
7. The result of the second test shall be sent to the Permanent Secretary, Ministry of Defence, who shall inform the subject and his defending officer or solicitor of the result.
[G.N. No. S 93/78]