REGULATION OF DEALINGS IN ACTIVE INGREDIENTS
46. This Part shall apply to such active ingredients as may be prescribed.
—(1) The Authority may, with the approval of the Minister, make regulations to control and regulate the manufacture, import, supply, transport, possession and storage of active ingredients.
(2) Regulations made under subsection (1) may —
prohibit the manufacture, import, supply, transport, possession or storage of any active ingredient except under and in accordance with the conditions of a licence issued by the Authority; and
prescribe the requirements to be complied with by any person who manufactures, imports, supplies, transports, possesses or stores any active ingredient.
(3) The requirements that may be prescribed for the purposes of subsection (2)(b) include the following:
that the manufacture, import, supply, transport or storage of any active ingredient should be carried out only by certain specified persons;
that the manufacture, supply or storage of any active ingredient should be carried out only at certain specified premises;
that the manufacture, import, supply, transport or storage of any active ingredient should or should not be carried out in any specified manner;
that the packaging of any active ingredient should comply with certain standards or specifications;
that the labels on the packaging of any active ingredient should conform to certain specifications and contain certain specified information;
that the supply of any active ingredient should only be made to certain specified persons and for certain specified purposes; and
that proper records should be kept in relation to any supply made of any active ingredient.
(4) Any person who contravenes any regulation made under this section shall be guilty of an offence and shall be liable on conviction to a fine not exceeding $50,000 or to imprisonment for a term not exceeding 2 years or to both.
(5) In any proceedings for an offence under subsection (4), if any person is proved to have kept or had in his possession or under his control any active ingredient, he shall be presumed to have done so knowingly unless the contrary is proved by him.