8. Rule 25 of the principal Rules is deleted and the following rule substituted therefor:
—(1) The holder of a driving licence may apply for a replacement licence if the Deputy Commissioner of Police is satisfied that —
the original licence —
has been destroyed;
is so defaced that any particulars thereon are no longer decipherable; or
is in any way unsatisfactory for the purpose of the identification of the holder; or
(2) The Deputy Commissioner of Police may, on the receipt of an application under paragraph (1) and on payment of a fee of $25, issue a replacement licence.
(3) The replacement licence issued under paragraph (1) shall have the same effect as the original.
(4) Where any person issued a replacement licence under paragraph (1)(a)(i) subsequently recovers possession of the original licence, he shall, within 7 days of its recovery, surrender the original licence to the Deputy Commissioner of Police.
(5) Any person who finds or comes into possession of a licence which does not belong to him shall immediately deliver the licence to a police station.