Town Councils Act
Town Council of Tampines (Penalties for Late Payment of Conservancy and Service Charges) By-laws
REVISED EDITION 1998
(15th June 1998)
[1st November 1991]
1. These By-laws may be cited as the Town Council of Tampines (Penalties for Late Payment of Conservancy and Service Charges) By-laws.
2. Where any conservancy and service charge payable by any tenant or owner to the Town Council of Tampines is in arrears, the tenant or owner shall be liable to pay for every month in which there is an arrears a penalty at the appropriate rate set out in the Schedule.
3. The Town Council may, in its discretion, apply any moneys paid by the tenant or owner firstly towards the payment of the amount of any penalty payable under these By-laws and subsequently apply any balance thereof towards payment of any amount of outstanding conservancy and service charges.
4. The Town Council may, in its discretion, remit wholly or in part any penalty payable under these By-laws.
5. With effect from 1st February 2002, these By-laws shall apply to every tenant or owner of any flat in any residential or commercial property, or any stall in any market or food centre of the Board within any area of the former Town of Pasir Ris which is now comprised in the Town of Tampines by virtue of the Town Councils (Declaration of Towns) Order 2001 (G.N. No. S 563/2001).