On 20/11/2017, you requested the version in force on 20/11/2017 incorporating all amendments published on or before 20/11/2017. The closest version currently available is that of 01/11/2017.
—(1) In this Act, “mediation agreement” means an agreement by 2 or more persons to refer the whole or part of a dispute which has arisen, or which may arise, between them for mediation.
(2) A mediation agreement may be in the form of a clause in a contract or in the form of a separate agreement.
(3) A mediation agreement must be in writing.
(4) A mediation agreement is in writing if its content is recorded in any form, whether or not the mediation agreement has been concluded orally, by conduct or by other means.
(5) A reference in a contract to any document containing a mediation clause constitutes a mediation agreement in writing if the reference is such as to make that clause part of the contract.
(6) A reference in a bill of lading to a charterparty or any other document containing a mediation clause constitutes a mediation agreement in writing if the reference is such as to make that clause part of the bill of lading.
No History for selected provision