—(1) Upon the application of one-fifth of the total number of members of a registered organisation, the Registrar may —
appoint an inspector or inspectors to examine into and report on the affairs of the organisation; or
call a special meeting of the organisation.
(2) An application under this section shall be supported by such evidence for the purpose of showing that the applicants have good reason for requiring an inspection to be made or meeting to be called, and that they are not actuated by malicious motives in their application and such notice thereof shall be given to the registered organisation as the Registrar may direct.
(3) The Registrar may, if he thinks fit, require the applicants to give security for the costs of the proposed inspection or meeting before appointing any inspector or calling a meeting.
(4) All expenses of and incidental or preliminary to any such inspection or meeting shall be defrayed by the members applying therefor or out of the funds of the organisation or by the members or officers or former members or officers of the organisation in such proportions as the Registrar may direct.
(5) An inspector appointed under this section may require the production of all or any of the books and documents of the organisation and may examine on oath its officers, members, agents and employees in relation to its business and may administer such oath accordingly.
(6) The Registrar may direct at what time and place a special meeting under this section is to be held and what matters are to be discussed and determined at the meeting, and the meeting shall be deemed to be a meeting called according to the rules of the organisation and those present and entitled to vote shall in all cases have power to appoint the chairman, notwithstanding any rule of the organisation to the contrary.