—(1) For the purposes of this Act, there shall be a Committee of Appeal consisting of 15 members to be appointed by the Minister
(2) A member of the Committee of Appeal shall, unless he earlier resigns, hold office for 3 years from the date of his appointment.
(3) A member of the Committee of Appeal may at any time, by letter addressed to the Minister, resign his membership thereof.
(4) Any vacancy in the membership of the Committee of Appeal shall be filled by the appointment of a member by the Minister but no act or decision of the Committee of Appeal shall be invalid by reason only of there being any vacancy in their number.
(5) The Chairman and the Vice-Chairman of the Committee of Appeal shall be appointed by the Minister.
(6) At any meeting of the Committee of Appeal in the absence of both the Chairman and the Vice-Chairman, the members present shall elect one of their number to preside at that meeting.
(7) At any meeting of the Committee of Appeal, 5 members shall form a quorum and in the case of an equality of votes the Chairman, the Vice-Chairman or other member presiding shall have a casting vote.