—(1) The following documents must be filed not less than 5 days before the trial of an action:
the originals of the affidavit of the evidence-in-chief of all witnesses;
a bundle of all documents that will be relied on or referred to in the course of the trial by any party, including any documents that are exhibited to the affidavits of the evidence-in-chief of all witnesses; and
where the trial is in the High Court, opening statements of all parties as may be prescribed in any practice directions for the time being issued by the Registrar.
(2) Each party shall file the affidavits of the evidence-in-chief of that party’s witnesses.
(3) The contents of the bundle of the documents referred to in paragraph (1)(b) shall be agreed on between all parties as far as possible and this bundle of agreed documents shall be filed by the plaintiff.
(4) If the parties are unable to agree on the inclusion of certain documents, those documents on which agreement cannot be reached shall be included in separate bundles, and each such bundle shall be filed by the party that intends to rely on or refer to the documents in that bundle at the same time as the bundle of documents referred to in paragraph (1)(b).
(5) The documents contained in bundles must be arranged chronologically or in some logical order and must be paginated.
(6) Care must be taken to avoid duplication within the same bundle.
(7) The contents and format of every bundle of documents filed in pursuance of this Rule shall comply with the requirements laid down in any practice directions for the time being issued by the Registrar.
(8) Any party may apply at any time to the Registrar for directions as to the filing, bundling and organisation of documents intended to be used at the trial of the action, and, on such application, the Registrar may make such order or give such direction as he thinks is necessary to achieve the just, expeditious and economical conduct of the trial of the action.