22. The principal Order is amended by inserting, immediately after paragraph 88, the following paragraphs:
—(1) The Chief Executive may, from time to time, issue a directive requiring any person, class of persons or all persons holding any certificate, licence, approval, permission, exemption, authorisation or other document granted or issued under this Order to do, or not to do, such things which are specified in the directive or which are of a description as specified therein.
(2) A directive issued by the Chief Executive under sub-paragraph (1) —
shall take effect at such time, being the earliest practicable time, as is specified by or under that directive; and
may, at any time, be revoked by the Chief Executive, whether in whole or in part, or whether in respect of any person, class of persons or all persons to whom the directive applies.
(3) Any person to whom a directive is issued under sub-paragraph (1) shall comply with the directive.
—(1) The Chief Executive may, from time to time, issue advisory circulars on any aspect of safety in civil aviation, including any aspect relating to —
the safety of any aircraft operation in Singapore and the operation of Singapore aircraft outside Singapore;
the inspection, overhaul, repair, replacement or modification of aircraft or aircraft components;
any matter relating to persons issued with any licence under this Order; or
the operation and management of an aerodrome.
(2) The Chief Executive shall publish each advisory circular in any way the Chief Executive thinks fit, except that failure to comply with this paragraph in respect of any advisory circular shall not invalidate the advisory circular.
—(1) The Chief Executive may, in such manner as he thinks fit, publish a Manual of Standards — Units of Measurement to be used in Air and Ground Operations containing such specifications on units of measurement in conformance with Annex 5 to the Chicago Convention.
(2) Any person involved in any aspect of international civil aviation air and ground operations in Singapore shall comply with the applicable specifications contained in the Manual of Standards — Units of Measurement to be used in Air and Ground Operations issued under sub-paragraph (1).
88D. The Chief Executive may, if the circumstances require, exempt from any of the provisions of the following Requirements or Manuals of Standards any aircraft or persons or classes of aircraft or persons, or any aerodrome, as the case may be, either absolutely or subject to such conditions as he thinks fit:
the Singapore Airworthiness Requirements (SAR);
the Singapore Air Safety Publication (SASP);
the Air Operator Certificate Requirements (AOCR);
the Singapore General Aviation Requirements (SGAR);
the Manual of Standards — Units of Measurement to be used in Air and Ground Operations.”.