—(1) The parent or guardian of every child in Singapore shall ensure that the child is vaccinated against the diseases set out in the Fourth Schedule.
(2) The Registrar of Births and Deaths shall, immediately after the registration of the birth of a child, issue to the parent or guardian of the child a notice in the prescribed form requiring the child to be vaccinated against the diseases to which this section applies.
—(1) In an outbreak of any infectious disease in any area in Singapore, the Minister may by order direct any person or class of persons not protected or vaccinated against the disease to be vaccinated within such period as may be specified in the order.
(2) In addition to the power conferred by subsection (1), where it appears to the Minister that —
an outbreak of an infectious disease in any area in Singapore is imminent; and
it is necessary or expedient to do so for the securing of public safety,
the Minister may by order direct any person or class of persons not protected or vaccinated against that infectious disease to be vaccinated within such period as may be specified in the order.
(3) Any order made under subsection (1) or (2) may specify the person by whom and the manner in which the vaccination is to be carried out.
—(1) No vaccination or intradermal testshall be carried out except by a medical practitioner, or by a nurse employed by the Board or working under the supervision of a medical practitioner.
(2) Every medical practitioner shall —
keep in the prescribed manner a record of all vaccination and intradermal tests carried out by him or under his supervision; and
within the prescribed period after carrying out any vaccination or intradermal test, notify in the prescribed manner —
the Director or any officer of the Board who is designated by the Director for the purpose; and
the person on whom the vaccination or intradermal test was carried out or, if such person is a child, to the parent or guardian of such child.
49. The Director or any officer of the Board who is designated by the Director for the purpose may grant the postponement of or exemption from any vaccination required under this Part as he thinks fit.
—(1) If any medical practitioner is of the opinion that any person is not fit to be vaccinated, he shall immediately deliver to that person or in the case of a child to the parent or guardian of the child an exemption certificate in such form as the Director may require.
(2) Such exemption certificate shall remain in force for such period as may be specified therein.
(3) Before the expiry of the exemption certificate the person shall go, or the parent or guardian of the child shall take or cause the child to be taken, to a medical practitioner who shall then examine and vaccinate the person or child or give a further exemption certificate in respect of that person or child in such form as the Director may require.
(4) Any medical practitioner who issues an exemption certificate under this section shall, within the prescribed time and in such form or manner as the Director may require, notify the Director or an officer of the Board who is designated by the Director for the purpose.
—(1) The Minister may, by notification in the Gazette, suspend all or any of the provisions of this Part during an epidemic of any infectious disease.
(2) The Minister shall, on the termination of such epidemic, by notification in the Gazette restore such provisions of this Part that he has suspended and order all persons affected by the suspension to perform within such time as he may specify all acts that remained to be performed by reason of the suspension.
—(1) International certificates of vaccination shall be issued only by such medical practitioners as may be permitted by the Director.
(2) Any permission under subsection (1) —
may be granted in the discretion of the Director;
may be granted, renewed or refused without any reason for the grant, renewal or refusal being assigned;
may be granted or renewed subject to such restrictions and conditions as the Director may think fit; and
shall be subject to suspension at any time and without notice upon breach of any restriction or condition subject to which it was issued, or upon contravention of any provision of this Act.