Previous | Next
—(1) The Police Fund established under the repealed Act shall continue and be applied for the purposes specified in this Part.
(2) The Police Fund shall consist of —
all sums forfeited by or fines inflicted on police officers under the powers conferred by this Act, and all sums recoverable from police officers under this Act and which are payable to the Police Fund;
such proportion as the Commissioner may think fit of sums paid for extra or special services of police officers, special police officers or former police officers or special police officers;
all fines levied for assaults on police officers;
all illegal gratifications offered to police officers and confiscated by an order of court;
donations offered to the Police Fund and accepted by the Commissioner;
moneys accruing as interest on loans made from the Police Fund;
all moneys from time to time appropriated from the Consolidated Fund and authorised to be paid into the Police Fund by this Act or any other written law;
all other revenues of Singapore allocated by any written law to the Police Fund; and
the net income from investments of moneys in the Police Fund authorised to be made by this Act or any other written law.
(3) The Police Fund shall be regarded as a Government fund and as comprising public moneys for the purposes of any other written law.
(4) For the purposes of subsection (2)(i), the net income from investments shall be the amount ascertained by adding to, or deducting from, the income received from investments of moneys in the Fund any profit derived or loss sustained, as the case may be, from the realisation of such investments.
(5) The Commissioner shall be responsible for the control, supervision and management of all moneys of the Police Fund in accordance with this Act and the Police Regulations.
—(1) The moneys in the Police Fund may be withdrawn and applied for all or any of the following purposes only:
rewarding police officers or special police officers who are serving or who have retired on full pension, gratuity, allowance or other benefits for extra or special services rendered by them;
paying for expenses not chargeable to the public revenue for conducting events or other activities related to the welfare of police officers or special police officers who are serving, or who have retired on full pension, gratuity, allowance or other benefits;
granting loans to police officers or special police officers who are serving, or who have retired on full pension, gratuity, allowance or other benefits, on rates and terms in accordance with the Police Regulations.
(2) No moneys shall be withdrawn from the Police Fund unless they are charged upon the Police Fund or are authorised or directed to be withdrawn or transferred under this Act.
(3) All expenses incidental to or arising from the administration, investment and management of moneys in the Police Fund shall be charged upon and payable out of the Police Fund.