Civil Proceedings for Which Legal Aid May be Given
Description of Proceedings
1. Proceedings in the High Court and the Court of Appeal.
2. Proceedings in District Courts and Magistrates’ Courts.
3. Proceedings before any person to whom a case is referred in whole or in part by the Supreme Court.
4. Proceedings before any person to whom a case is referred in whole or in part by a District Court.
5. Proceedings under the Women’s Charter.
[Deleted by Act 6/2004 wef 08/03/2004 wef 08/03/2004 wef 08/03/2004]
7. Proceedings before the Syariah Court.
1. Proceedings wholly or partly in respect of —
breach of promise of marriage; and
the inducement of one spouse to leave or remain apart from the other.
2. Relator actions.
3. Any application under the Parliamentary Elections Act (Cap. 218) or the Presidential Elections Act (Cap. 240A).
4. In a District Court, proceedings for or consequent on the issue of a judgment summons and, in the case of a defendant, proceedings where the only question to be brought before the Court is as to the time or mode of payment by him of a debt (including liquidated damages) and costs.
5. Proceedings incidental to any proceedings mentioned in this Part.