64. Every tank to be erected shall be designed and constructed throughout in accordance with the best engineering practice to be approved by the Director, and detail drawings of every such tank together with a specification of the material to be used and the method of construction and erection to be adopted shall be submitted for the approval of the Director, and no tank may be erected until such drawings and specifications have been approved. Every tank must be erected on good solid foundations upon which the entire bottom surface shall have a fair bearing and shall be strengthened throughout in accordance with the best engineering practice to be approved by the Director.
65. Every tank shall be tested at the time of installation in the presence of and to the satisfaction of the Director or his authorised representative and shall be subject to inspection at any future time at the discretion of the Director, after due notice has been given. If the test be not satisfactory and any defects are observed they shall be made good and the tank tested again.
66. A vent pipe shall be fitted to each tank terminating in an approved position at least 4.8 metres above ground level and provided with an air vent protector of an approved pattern; or alternatively each tank shall be fitted with vapour pressure and vacuum relief type valves in accordance with approved engineering design.
67. No smoking shall be permitted on or about an installation, and notices to this effect shall be conspicuously posted on the premises.
68. An efficient fire service to the satisfaction of the Director shall be provided in each installation, and the employees shall be instructed periodically in the use of fire appliances.
69. An adequate supply of sand or dry earth shall always be kept ready for immediate use for the purpose of extinguishing fire.
70. There shall be hung in a conspicuous place in every installation, copies of these Rules in English, Chinese and Malay.
71. There shall be hung on the outside of all licensed premises in a conspicuous position a board of an approved pattern. Every such board shall be supplied by the Director, at a charge which may be fixed from time to time and shall remain the property of the Director, and must be returned to the Licensing Officer at the expiry of the licence or when the licensed premises ceases to be used for the purpose for which the licence was issued.
72. Every application for the renewal of a licence shall be made to the Licensing Officer on a date not less than 7 days before the date on which the original licence expires.
73. In the case of a new licence application must be made in writing to the Licensing Officer.
74. Where it is considered necessary for the public safety, the Director may impose such further conditions as he thinks necessary.
75. Every licence issued under these Rules shall be kept exhibited at all times in some prominent and accessible place on the licensed premises and shall at all reasonable times, whilst in force, be produced at the request of the Licensing Officer.
76. No licence shall be issued for storing petroleum, in houses built of wood, attap or other combustible material.
77. No licence shall be transferred without the previous consent in writing of the Licensing Officer.
78. Such materials or appliances for extinguishing fire as may be stipulated by the Director shall be kept in effective condition and ready for use in or about every licensed premises.
79. No quantity of petroleum or dangerous petroleum in excess of the quantity stated on the licence shall be stored in the licensed premises or transported, as the case may be.
80. No leaky tins or drums containing dangerous petroleum shall be placed in any licensed building, compartment or storage chamber.
81. No unauthorised person or any person under the age of 15 years shall be permitted to have access to any licensed building, compartment or storage chamber.
82. Petroleum or dangerous petroleum shall not be allowed to flow into any public drain or sewer.
83. No person shall discharge or cause to be discharged dangerous petroleum or petroleum at any place except in a licensed premises and through the hose pipes provided for that purpose.