PROVISIONS RELATING TO STAFF
—(1) The Authority shall, with the approval of the Minister, appoint a Chief Executive of the Authority on such terms and conditions as the Authority may determine.
(2) The Chief Executive shall —
be known by such designation as the Authority may determine;
be responsible to the Authority for the proper administration and management of the functions and affairs of the Authority in accordance with the policy laid down by the Authority; and
not be removed from office without the consent of the Minister.
(3) If the Chief Executive is unable to perform his duties for any period, by reason of absence from Singapore, illness or for any other reason, another person may be appointed by the Authority to act in the place of the Chief Executive during such period.
(4) The Authority may, from time to time, appoint and employ on such terms and conditions as the Authority may determine such other employees, consultants and agents as may be necessary for the effective performance of its functions.
—(1) No suit or other legal proceedings shall lie personally against any member, officer or employee of the Authority or any other person acting under the direction of the Authority for anything which is in good faith done or intended to be done in the execution or purported execution of this Act or any other written law.
(2) Where the Authority provides a service to the public whereby information is supplied to the public pursuant to any written law, neither the Authority nor any of its members, officers or employees involved in the supply of such information shall be liable for any loss or damage suffered by any member of the public by reason of any error or omission of whatever nature appearing therein or however caused if made in good faith and in the ordinary course of the discharge of the duties of such member, officer or employee.
—(1) All members, officers and employees (including persons seconded to the Authority for any period) of the Authority shall be deemed to be public servants for the purposes of the Penal Code (Cap. 224).
(2) All members, officers and employees (including persons seconded to the Authority for any period) of the Authority shall also be deemed to be —
public officers for the purposes of the Government Contracts Act (Cap. 118) in relation to the performance of any function referred to in section 6(1)(e),
and section 20 of the Financial Procedure Act shall apply to such persons notwithstanding that they are not or were not in the employment of the Government.