22. Section 23 of the principal Act is repealed and the following section substituted therefor:
—(1) Every employer shall insure and maintain insurance under one or more approved policies with an insurer within the meaning of the Insurance Act (Cap. 142) against all liabilities which he may incur under the provisions of this Act in respect of any employee employed by him unless the Minister, by notification in the Gazette, waives the requirement of such insurance in relation to any employer.
(2) The Minister may, from time to time, prescribe the minimum amounts for which an employer shall insure himself in respect of any of his liabilities under this Act.
(3) For the avoidance of doubt, an employer shall be liable to pay any liability that he may incur under this Act in excess of the insurance limits that the Minister may prescribe under subsection (2).
(4) In this section, “approved policy” means a policy of insurance not subject to any conditions or exceptions prohibited by regulations made under this Act.
(5) Any conditions or exceptions imposed in a policy of insurance by any insurer which are prohibited by regulations made under this Act shall not absolve the insurer’s liability under the policy.”.