—(1) The fee payable on an appeal under rule 12 shall be $40.
(2) Every such fee shall be paid by the appellant to the Registrar at the same time as the appeal is lodged under rule 12(1).
(3) If the fee is not paid at the same time as the appeal is lodged, the Registrar may refuse to proceed with the appeal.
(4) Any fee paid under this rule shall not be refundable if the vehicle is not submitted for examination under rule 13(2).
(5) Where the Registrar informs an authorised examiner that an examination for the purposes of an appeal is to be carried out at a vehicle testing station of that examiner, the examiner shall provide the facilities for the examination.
(6) An examiner shall bear the cost of providing any facilities under paragraph (5).