—(1) The sums allowed to a solicitor in connection with proceedings in the Court of Appeal, High Court and Subordinate Courts shall be the full amount allowed on taxation of the costs on account of disbursements and 50% of the amount so allowed on account of solicitor and client costs except that where the sum claimed by a solicitor who has been assigned cases by the Director on account of solicitor and client costs (including disbursements) does not exceed $750, the Director may, in his discretion, approve the payment of the costs without taxation.
(2) For the purpose of paragraph (1), costs shall be taxed according to the ordinary rules applicable on a taxation as between solicitor and client where the costs are to be paid out of a common fund in which the client and others are interested except that no question shall be raised as to the propriety of any act for which prior approval was obtained under these Regulations.
(3) The sums allowed to an assigned solicitor in connection with proceedings in any court or tribunal other than the Courts referred to in paragraph (1) shall be $750 (including disbursements) provided the Director may allow a higher fee in case of complexity.
(4) The sum payable to a solicitor investigating and reporting or giving an opinion upon applications for the grant of legal aid or giving legal advice shall be $50 per hour for work done.
(5) The sum payable to members of the board other than the Director shall be $50 for each sitting.
(6) Notwithstanding paragraphs (1) to (5), where the Director, by way of a tender system or otherwise, enters into any agreement with any solicitor to engage the services of the solicitor and to assign cases to him, the agreement may provide for the payment of solicitor and client costs (including disbursements) to the solicitor at such rates as may be agreed between the Director and the solicitor.