—(1) For the purposes of these Regulations, the Board shall appoint a Staff Disciplinary Committee consisting of 3 members of the Board, two of whom shall form a quorum.
(2) When a complaint is lodged by any person against an employee alleging the commission by the employee of any of the disciplinary offences specified in the Schedule, the Principal shall refer the complaint to a preliminary inquiry committee appointed by the Staff Disciplinary Committee.
(3) A preliminary inquiry committee appointed under paragraph (2) shall consist of not fewer than 3 or more than 5 persons.
(4) The complaint shall be communicated in writing to the employee who shall be required to submit a written explanation within 7 working days of the receipt of the communication or such further period as the preliminary inquiry committee may allow.
(5) If after considering the explanation submitted by the employee under paragraph (4) the preliminary inquiry committee is of the opinion that the subject of the complaint warrants proceedings under these Regulations with a view to the dismissal or reduction in rank of the employee, the preliminary inquiry committee shall forthwith report the matter to the Staff Disciplinary Committee.
(6) If the preliminary inquiry committee is of the opinion that the subject of the complaint is not serious enough to warrant proceedings under these Regulations with a view to the dismissal or reduction in rank of the employee, the preliminary inquiry committee may cause an investigation to be made into the matter in such manner as it thinks fit.
(7) In any investigation made under paragraph (6) the preliminary inquiry committee shall give the employee who is under investigation a reasonable opportunity to reply to the allegation made against him.
(8) The preliminary inquiry committee shall, after considering the case made against the employee, his reply thereto and the results of any investigation made under paragraph (6), submit a report to the Staff Disciplinary Committee within 14 days of the conclusion of its inquiry of the case.
(9) A report submitted under paragraph (8) shall contain a summary of the facts of the case.
(10) Where the Staff Disciplinary Committee is satisfied, after considering the report of the preliminary inquiry committee submitted under paragraph (8), that the allegation has been proved, the Staff Disciplinary Committee may —
order that any increment due to the employee be stopped or deferred for a period not exceeding one year;
impose a fine not exceeding one week’s emoluments of the employee or $100, whichever is the less; or
reprimand the employee.
(11) No appeal shall lie from a decision of the Staff Disciplinary Committee under this regulation to the Board.