—(1) If the membership of the Council falls below two-thirds of its possible maximum number of members through resignation or any other cause or where a vote of no confidence is passed on the Council, the entire Council shall resign.
(2) The Council may also resign en bloc, but only at an extraordinary general meeting of the Union convened for that purpose.
(3) Where the Council resigns from office, a new Council shall be elected within 4 weeks in accordance with these Regulations.
(4) Pending the election of a new Council, there shall be an interim council.
(5) The interim council shall consist of not more than 20 members comprising not more than 2 representatives from each management committee of the Union’s constituent bodies.
(6) The members of the interim council shall be elected at a meeting of all the management committees of the Union’s constituent bodies.
(7) The meeting shall be convened as early as possible by the out-going Honorary General Secretary.
(8) The members of the interim council shall appoint a Chairman, a Secretary and a Treasurer from among themselves.