53. Under this Chapter, awards may be made where the disablement of a member is attributable to service and any condition applicable to an award under Chapter 1 shall, where appropriate, be applicable to an award under this Chapter.
—(1) A member may be awarded a treatment allowance in respect of any period during which he receives approved treatment.
(2) Subject to paragraph (3), a treatment allowance so awarded may be payable in addition to any award payable in accordance with Chapter 1.
(3) The aggregate rate of the award under Chapter 1 together with the treatment allowance under this regulation shall not exceed the rate of award which would be appropriate under these Regulations if the degree of such member’s disablement had been 100%.
Allowance where prolonged abstention from work is necessary following approved institutional treatment
55. Where it is certified that a member should on completion of a course of approved institutional treatment abstain from work for a prolonged period in consequence of the condition which necessitated such treatment, he may be treated as if he were eligible throughout such period for a treatment allowance under regulation 54.
56. Where a member receives treatment which would be approved treatment but for the fact that it involves only occasional interruptions of the member’s normal employment, a treatment allowance may be awarded to the member at such rate as the Armed Forces Council may think appropriate, having regard to any loss of remunerative time by the member as the result of those interruptions.