—(1) The Authority may from time to time inspect, under conditions of secrecy, the books of any DI Scheme member or PPF Scheme member for the purposes of this Act.
(2) For the purposes of an inspection under this section —
the DI Scheme member or PPF Scheme member and any other person who is in possession of the books of the DI Scheme member or PPF Scheme member shall produce such books to the Authority and give such information or facilities as may be required by the Authority;
the DI Scheme member or PPF Scheme member shall procure that any other person who is in possession of its books produce its books to the Authority and give such information or facilities as may be required by the Authority; and
the Authority may —
make copies of, or take possession of, any of such books;
use, or permit the use of, any of such books for the purposes of any proceedings under this Act; and
retain possession of any of such books for so long as is necessary —
for the purposes of exercising a power conferred by this section;
for a decision to be made on whether or not proceedings should be commenced under this Act in relation to such books; or
for such proceedings to be commenced and carried on.
(3) No person shall be entitled, as against the Authority, to claim a lien on any of the books, but such a lien is not otherwise prejudiced.
(4) The Authority may require a person who produced any book to the Authority to explain, to the best of his knowledge and belief, any matter about the compilation of the book or to which the book relates.
(5) Any person who, without reasonable excuse, contravenes subsection (2) or a requirement of the Authority under subsection (4) shall be guilty of an offence and shall be liable on conviction to a fine not exceeding $100,000 or to imprisonment for a term not exceeding 2 years or to both and, in the case of a continuing offence, to a further fine not exceeding $10,000 for every day or part thereof during which the offence continues after conviction.
—(1) The Authority may, by notice in writing, require a DI Scheme member or PPF Scheme member to —
provide such information; or
produce any book,
at such time and in such manner as the Authority may reasonably require for the proper discharge of its functions.
(2) Any information received from a DI Scheme member or PPF Scheme member under this section shall be treated as secret by the Authority.
(3) Nothing in subsection (2) shall preclude the Authority from disclosing the information if —
the information is already in the public domain;
the information is disclosed in such a manner that the identity of an individual DI Scheme member or PPF Scheme member cannot be ascertained;
the DI Scheme member or PPF Scheme member consents to the disclosure; or
disclosure of the information on individual DI Scheme member or PPF Scheme member is necessary for the Authority’s performance of its functions or in the exercise of its powers.
(4) Any DI Scheme member or PPF Scheme member which fails to or neglects to furnish any information or produce any book required by the Authority under this section shall be guilty of an offence.
—(1) Any notice, order or document required or authorised by this Act to be served on any person may be served —
by delivering it to the person or to some adult member or employee of his family or household at his last known place of residence;
by leaving it at his usual or last known place of residence or business in an envelope addressed to the person;
by sending it by registered post addressed to the person at his usual or last known place of residence or business; or
in the case of a body corporate, firm or body of persons —
by delivering it to the secretary or other like officer of the body corporate, firm or body of persons at its registered office or principal place of business; or
by sending it by registered post addressed to the body corporate, firm or body of persons at its registered office or principal place of business.
(2) Any notice, order or document sent by registered post to any person in accordance with subsection (1) shall be deemed to be duly served on the person at the time when the notice, order or document, as the case may be, would in the ordinary course of post be delivered.
(3) When proving service of the notice, order or document referred to in subsection (2), it shall be sufficient to prove that the envelope containing the notice, order or document, as the case may be, was properly addressed, stamped and posted by registered post.