—(1) Before the Student Disciplinary Committee begins an inquiry into an alleged disciplinary offence, it shall send the student concerned a notice of the charge with such particulars as may be necessary to disclose the nature of the offence.
(2) The student may, within 7 days from the date of the notice, exculpate himself in writing and inform the Student Disciplinary Committee whether he wishes to attend the inquiry.
(3) The Student Disciplinary Committee shall give the student a reasonable opportunity of being heard at the inquiry.
(4) The Student Disciplinary Committee may receive all oral and written evidence which it considers relevant to the inquiry.
(5) At the conclusion of the inquiry, the Student Disciplinary Committee may —
recommend to the Principal that the student be expelled from the Polytechnic;
suspend the student from any course or subject, or bar the student from any examination, either permanently or temporarily;
assign the student work relating to his course of study;
impose a fine not exceeding $250; or
deprive the student of a pass in any examination or series of examinations or part thereof which relates to the disciplinary offence which the student has been found to have committed.
(6) If the Principal accepts the recommendation of the Student Disciplinary Committee to expel the student from the Polytechnic, the Principal may expel the student with effect from such date as he may determine.
(7) If the Principal rejects the recommendation of the Student Disciplinary Committee to expel any student from the Polytechnic, the Student Disciplinary Committee may impose any other punishment specified in paragraph (5) as it considers appropriate.