ESTABLISHMENT, INCORPORATION AND CONSTITUTION OF AUTHORITY
3. There is hereby established a body to be known as the Singapore Land Authority which shall be a body corporate with perpetual succession and shall, by that name, be capable of —
suing and being sued;
acquiring, owning, holding and developing or disposing of property, both movable and immovable; and
doing and suffering all such other acts or things as a body corporate may lawfully do or suffer.
—(1) The Authority shall have a common seal and such seal may from time to time be broken, changed, altered or made anew as the Authority thinks fit.
(2) All deeds and other documents requiring the seal of the Authority shall be sealed with the common seal of the Authority.
(3) All instruments to which the common seal is affixed shall be signed by any 2 members generally or specially authorised by the Chief Executive for the purpose or by one member and the Chief Executive.
(4) All courts, judges and persons acting judicially shall take notice of the imprint of the common seal of the Authority appearing on any document and shall presume that it was duly affixed.
—(1) The Authority shall consist of the following members:
a Deputy Chairman; and
not less than 8 and not more than 20 other members as the Minister may from time to time determine.
(2) The First Schedule shall have effect with respect to the Authority, its members and its proceedings.