—(1) The Registration of Deeds Act (Cap. 269) (in this section referred to as the previous enactment) is repealed.
(2) Any register, instrument, index or other document maintained under the previous enactment shall be continued to be maintained under a corresponding provision of this Act or any of the rules.
(3) In so far as any entry in a register or instrument was made or other thing whatsoever was done under the previous enactment, that entry or thing shall have effect as if made or done under a corresponding provision of this Act or any of the rules.
(4) Any caveat registered under the previous enactment shall, unless removed or cancelled in accordance with any rules made for that purpose, be in force for such period not exceeding 6 months as is specified therein in that behalf.
(5) Any lease for a term exceeding 3 years but less than 7 years or any assignment thereof executed or made before the date of commencement of this Act and which was not registered under the previous enactment may, notwithstanding section 25 of this Act, be registered under this Act, and unless so registered shall not be admissible in any court as evidence of title to land.
(6) Any written law or other document referring to the previous enactment shall as far as may be necessary for preserving its effect, be construed as referring, or as including a reference, to this Act.