—(1) Applications for enlistment in regular service shall be made in such form as may from time to time be prescribed by the proper authority in the orders of the Ministry of Defence.
(2) Persons in full-time service in the Singapore Armed Forces applying to be enlisted in regular service and regular servicemen applying for an extension of their service shall submit their applications within the periods prescribed by the proper authority in the orders of the Ministry of Defence.
(3) The proper authority shall as soon as possible inform an applicant of his decision in respect of an application for enlistment in or extension of regular service.
16. Unless otherwise expressly provided in any agreement in writing between the applicant and the proper authority, the terms and conditions of a person in regular service shall be as prescribed from time to time in regulations or in the orders of the Ministry of Defence.
—(1) Subject to any other provision in the Act or in these Regulations, a regular serviceman shall be released from regular service by an order of the proper authority at the end of his term of service.
(2) Any period of service of a regular serviceman may be extended by the proper authority upon an application for such extension being made by the regular serviceman.
(3) The proper authority shall order the discharge of a regular serviceman before the end of his term of service where he has been sentenced by a competent military court to be discharged with ignominy.
(4) The proper authority may at his discretion grant an application by a regular serviceman to be released from regular service before the end of his term of service for reasons of domestic hardship or for any other sufficient reason.
(5) The proper authority may order the discharge of a regular serviceman for any of the following reasons:
that the regular serviceman is inefficient or is unlikely to be efficient;
that the regular serviceman has undesirable influence on others;
that the regular serviceman is likely to bring discredit upon the Singapore Armed Forces;
that the regular serviceman has been convicted of an act of dishonesty or violence or of disgraceful, cruel or indecent conduct;
that the regular serviceman has been sentenced to imprisonment;
that the regular serviceman has persistently failed to match up to the Singapore Armed Forces Code of Conduct;
that the regular serviceman is a security hazard;
that there is a reduction in the establishment wherever it is impossible to find any other appropriate post for the regular serviceman.
18. Where it appears to the proper authority that a regular serviceman should be discharged in the interests of the Singapore Armed Forces on grounds other than those provided in regulation 17(5), the proper authority may, after considering all the circumstances, order his discharge.
—(1) The proper authority shall, when contemplating the discharge of a regular serviceman for any of the reasons set out in regulation 17(5), other than sub-paragraph (g), or regulation 18, duly inform him thereof.
(2) A regular serviceman, on being informed in accordance with paragraph (1), may submit to the proper authority any explanation or statement.
21. The proper authority shall immediately inform a regular serviceman of a decision to discharge or release him.