—(1) In these Rules, unless the context otherwise requires —
“certificate of registration” means a certificate of registration issued under rule 7(4);
“Court” means the High Court;
“Disciplinary Committee” means the Disciplinary Committee appointed under rule 16;
“patent agency work” means any of the following types of work:
applying for, or obtaining, a patent in Singapore or elsewhere;
preparing specifications or other documents for the purposes of the Act or the patent law of another country;
giving advice (other than advice of a scientific or technical nature) about the validity, or infringement, of a patent;
“practice year” means the period from 1st April in a calendar year to 31st March in the next calendar year;
“practising certificate” means a practising certificate issued under rule 9;
“register” means the register of patent agents maintained under rule 5.
(2) For the purposes of these Rules, an individual is resident in Singapore if —
the individual has his place of residence in Singapore;
Singapore is the country of his permanent abode even though he is temporarily absent from Singapore; or
the individual has a valid pass issued to him under the Immigration Act (Cap. 133) to enter and remain in Singapore for any purpose other than a temporary purpose.
—(1) The fees to be paid in respect of matters arising under these Rules shall be those specified in the First Schedule.
(2) A fee specified in the First Schedule shall be paid at the same time as the filing of the matter in question.
(3) Subject to paragraph (4), fees paid under these Rules shall not be refundable.
(4) The fee referred to in rule 17(2)(f)(ii), for making a complaint or giving information against a registered patent agent, shall be refundable at the end of an inquiry by the Disciplinary Committee into the complaint or information, unless —
the Disciplinary Committee determines under rule 18(5) that the complaint or information is frivolous or vexatious; or
the complaint or information is withdrawn by the person who made the complaint or gave the information.
—(1) The Registrar shall publish in the journal —
the Registrar’s directions relating to the use of any form referred to in sub-paragraph (a); and
any amendment or modification of any such form or direction.
(2) Any form referred to in paragraph (1)(a) may be modified on the direction of the Registrar for use in a case other than the case for which it is intended.