—(1) The Council shall each year convene an annual general meeting which shall be held in the month of October of that year.
(2) At least 10 days’ prior notice of the annual general meeting shall be given to all members of the Society.
(3) Notwithstanding section 54, every Council that ceases to hold office on 31st December in each year shall cause to be prepared and presented to the annual general meeting —
a report on the activities of the Society; and
proper accounts, duly audited, of all funds, property and assets of the Society,
for the year terminating on 31st December immediately preceding that general meeting.
—(1) The Council may convene a general meeting of the Society other than the annual general meeting at such time or times as the Council thinks expedient or necessary.
(2) Any 25 members of the Society may at any time requisition a general meeting by written notice in that behalf signed by them and deposited with the President or a Vice-President of the Society and the Council shall convene a general meeting to be held within 30 days of the deposit.
(3) Such written notice shall specify the object or objects of the proposed meeting.
(4) If the Council fails to convene a general meeting in accordance with the requisition 14 days after such deposit, to be held within 30 days after the deposit, the requisitioning members may convene that general meeting within 2 months after the deposit.
69. At every general meeting, every practitioner member present shall have one vote, and the chairman of that meeting shall also have a casting vote.
—(1) The manner of convening general meetings of the Society and the procedure thereat shall, subject to the provisions of this Act, be regulated by by-laws made by the Society.
(2) The by-laws made under this section shall not provide for a quorum at a general meeting other than the annual general meeting of less than 50 practitioner members personally present.