REGISTRATION OF PUBLIC ACCOUNTANTS
—(1) An applicant for registration as a public accountant shall provide the Oversight Committee with —
such documentary proof of the qualifications entitling him to be registered under the Act; and
such other information or particulars as may be required by the Oversight Committee.
(2) Unless otherwise required by the Oversight Committee, every application for registration as a public accountant shall be circulated to the members of the Oversight Committee or placed before a meeting of the Oversight Committee for consideration without undue delay.
(3) The decision of the Oversight Committee on any application shall be communicated to the applicant in writing by the Registrar.
4. The fees specified in the second column of the First Schedule shall be payable to the Authority in respect of the matters set out in the first column of that Schedule.
5. A person shall be entitled, on payment of the appropriate fee specified in the First Schedule, to be registered as a public accountant if he satisfies the Oversight Committee that —
he has fulfilled the requirements for registration set out in the Second Schedule;
he is carrying on or is about to carry on the public practice of accountancy in Singapore by placing his services as a public accountant at the disposal of the community, but not entirely at the disposal of any one individual, firm or corporation;
he is maintaining or is about to maintain an office or place at which his services may be engaged; and
he is available or is about to make himself available to undertake work on behalf of any member of the public.
—(1) Any question as to whether or not a person is engaged in the public practice of accountancy shall be referred to the Oversight Committee for decision.
(2) Any person who is aggrieved by the decision of the Oversight Committee may, within 30 days of the decision, appeal to the Minister whose decision shall be final.