—(1) The Council shall, with the approval of the Minister, appoint a Chief Executive on such terms and conditions as the Council may determine.
(2) The Chief Executive shall —
be known by such designation as the Council may determine;
be responsible to the Council for the proper administration and management of the functions, duties and affairs of the Council in accordance with the policy laid down by the Council; and
not be removed from office without the consent of the Minister.
(3) If the Chief Executive is temporarily absent from Singapore or temporarily incapacitated by reason of illness or for any other reason temporarily unable to discharge his duties, another person may be appointed by the Council to act in the place of the Chief Executive during any such period of absence from duty.
(4) The Council may, from time to time, appoint or employ on such terms and conditions as the Council may determine such officers, employees, consultants and agents as it thinks fit for the effective performance of its functions and discharge of its duties under this Act or any other written law.
—(1) No suit or other legal proceedings shall lie personally against any member, officer, employee or committee member of the Council or other person acting under the direction of the Council for anything which is in good faith done or intended to be done in the execution or purported execution of this Act.
(2) Where the Council provides a service to the public whereby information is supplied to the public pursuant to any written law, neither any of its members, officers, employees nor committee members involved in the supply of such information shall be liable for any loss or damage suffered by any member of the public by reason of any error or omission of whatever nature appearing therein or however caused if made in good faith and in the ordinary course of the discharge of the duties of such member, officer, employee or committee member.
12. All members, officers and employees of the Council and all inspectors shall be deemed to be public servants for the purposes of the Penal Code (Cap. 224).