FITNESS FOR SERVICE
—(1) A medical board shall consist of a chairman and 2 members.
(2) Any medical officer of the armed forces shall be eligible to be a member of a medical board.
(3) Subject to these Regulations, the chairman of a medical board shall be —
the Medical Officer, Central Manpower Base; or
the second-in-command of the Medical Officer, Central Manpower Base.
(4) Medical boards shall be convened by the proper authority.
—(1) Subject to paragraph (2), medical information in respect of any examinee, obtained in the course of an examination conducted under the Act, shall not be disclosed to any unauthorised person.
(2) The chairman of a medical board may disclose medical information in respect of any examinee to —
any registered medical practitioner acting on behalf of the examinee; and
any other person as may be authorised to receive such information by the proper authority.
11. An examinee may, upon the completion of his fitness examination, apply to the Commander to be informed whether he was found fit for service.
12. An examinee who has been found fit for service shall forthwith inform the Medical Officer, Central Manpower Base, of any disease, infirmity or injury having effect on his medical fitness contracted or sustained after being found fit for service.
—(1) The proper authority shall release any national serviceman or regular serviceman who is found unfit for service.
(2) In exercising his powers to release a national serviceman or regular serviceman for being medically unfit, the proper authority shall act upon the advice of a medical board consisting of 3 registered medical practitioners nominated by the Director of Manpower.