3. The principal Act is amended by inserting, immediately after section 2, the following section:
—(1) The Director shall, subject to the general or special directions of the Minister, be responsible for the administration of this Act.
(2) The Director may, in writing, appoint any public officer to perform all duties imposed and exercise all powers conferred on the Director by this Act or any regulations made thereunder, subject to such conditions and limitations as the Director may specify.
(3) The Director may, in writing, authorise any other person to assist in the administration of this Act.
(4) The Director and every authorised officer shall be deemed to be public servants within the meaning of the Penal Code (Cap. 224).
(5) The Minister may establish one or more advisory committees consisting of such persons as he may appoint for the purpose of advising on such matters arising out of the administration of this Act as are referred to them by the Minister or the Director.”.