Town Councils Act
(Chapter 329A, Sections 24(2)(C))
Town Council of East Coast (Penalties for Late Payment of Conservancy and Service Charges) By-laws
G.N. No. S 211/1997
REVISED EDITION 1998
(15th June 1998)
[25th April 1997]
1. These By-laws may be cited as the Town Council of East Coast (Penalties for Late Payment of Conservancy and Service Charges) By-laws.
2. The tenant or owner of any property situated within the Town of East Coast which is described in the first column of the Schedule shall be liable to pay to the Town Council of East Coast the penalty set out opposite thereto in the second column of the Schedule for every month in which any conservancy and service charge payable by him to the Town Council is in arrears; and the penalty shall become due and payable on the day following the expiry of that month.
3. The Town Council may, in its discretion, apply any moneys paid by the tenant or owner firstly towards the payment of the amount of any penalty payable under these By-laws and subsequently apply any balance thereof towards payment of any amount of outstanding conservancy and service charge.
4. The Town Council may, in its discretion, remit wholly or in part any penalty payable under these By-laws.
5. With effect from 22nd April 2002, these By-laws shall apply to every tenant or owner of any property of the Board described in the first column of the Schedule that is within any area of the former Town of Aljunied which is now comprised in the Town of East Coast by virtue of the Town Councils (Declaration of Towns) Order 2001 (G.N. No. S 563/2001).