Accounts and audit
—(1) The Accountant-General may, on the application of the Official Assignee, make to him advances out of the Bankruptcy Estates Account to meet current expenses.
(2) The Official Assignee shall pay all moneys advanced to him under this rule to an account at some bank approved by the Minister.
(3) The account shall be kept in the name of the Official Assignee and entitled the “General Purposes Account” from which the Official Assignee shall make all payments necessary to be made on account of the various estates under his control, debiting each estate with the amount paid on its account.
276. When property forming part of a bankrupt’s estate is sold by the Official Assignee or the trustee, as the case may be, through an auctioneer or other agent, the gross proceeds of the sale shall be paid over by the auctioneer or agent, and the charges and expenses connected with the sale shall afterwards be paid to the auctioneer or agent on production of the necessary allocatur.
277. The court may, on the application of the Official Assignee or the trustee, as the case may be, direct that the bankrupt’s books of account and other documents given up by him be destroyed or otherwise dealt with in such manner as the court thinks fit.
278. Non-compliance with any of these Rules or with any rule of practice shall not render any proceeding void unless the court so directs, but such proceeding may be set aside wholly or in part, amended or otherwise dealt with in such manner and upon such terms as the court thinks fit.