ADMINISTRATION OF ACT
—(1) The Minister may appoint any person to be the Commissioner for Workplace Safety and Health, and such other persons, by name or office, as Deputy Commissioners for Workplace Safety and Health.
(2) The Commissioner shall, subject to any general or special directions of the Minister, be responsible for the administration of this Act and may perform such duties as are imposed and may exercise such powers as are conferred upon him by this Act or any other written law.
(3) The Commissioner may appoint, by name or office, such number of persons as inspectors, and such number of other persons as authorised officers, as may be necessary to assist the Commissioner in the administration of this Act.
(4) The Commissioner may, with the approval of the Minister, delegate the exercise of all or any of the powers conferred or duties imposed upon him by this Act (except the power of delegation conferred by this subsection) to any Deputy Commissioner, inspector or authorised officer, subject to such conditions or limitations as the Commissioner may specify.
(5) Notice of all appointments made under this section shall be published in the Gazette.
9. Every inspector and authorised officer shall —
be furnished with a certificate of his appointment as an inspector or authorised officer, as the case may be; and
when exercising any powers under this Act, on demand, produce the certificate of his appointment to the person affected by the exercise of those powers.