—(1) If any person who is ordered under any provision of this Act to perform any act fails to perform the act within a reasonable time, the person who gave the order may, after giving notice to that person of his intention to do so, cause the act to be performed.
(2) The expenses incurred in such performance shall be payable by the person who was so ordered to perform the act.
[BSMA 1985 Ed., s. 42]
15. Any person who being legally bound to comply with any order under this Act, or with the requisition contained in any notice served upon him under this Act, wilfully refuses, or without reasonable excuse neglects, to comply therewith, shall be guilty of an offence and shall be liable on conviction to a fine not exceeding $100 for every day or part thereof during which the refusal or neglect continues after conviction.
[BSMA 1985 Ed., s. 43]
Recovery of amounts due
16. [Repealed by Act 17 of 2001]
—(1) The Authority, with the approval of the Minister, may make rules for carrying out the purposes of this Act and for any matter which is required under this Act to be prescribed.
(2) Without prejudice to the generality of subsection (1), the Authority, with the approval of the Minister, may make rules —
prescribing the fees for the purposes of this Act and the time for payment of the fees;
prescribing the manner and procedure for inquiries to be held under this Act;
regulating the following:
preparation of plans and documents for the purposes of this Act;
lodgment and registration of plans under this Act; and
preparation and making of cadastral surveys; and
prescribing the manner (whether by electronic means or otherwise) in which —
applications for or lodgments of lot numbers, survey records and plans, survey documents or other records and documents may be made;
permissions, approvals and decisions may be granted or made, and notified;
notices or other documents may be made or transmitted; and
documents may be authenticated or certified.
18. All prescribed fees collected for the purposes of this Act shall be paid into the funds of the Authority.