3. There is hereby established a body to be known as the Council for Private Education which shall be a body corporate with perpetual succession and shall, by that name, be capable of —
suing and being sued;
acquiring, owning, holding and developing or disposing of property, both movable and immovable; and
doing and suffering such other acts or things as bodies corporate may lawfully do and suffer.
—(1) The Council shall have a common seal and such seal may, from time to time, be broken, changed, altered or made anew as the Council thinks fit.
(2) All deeds and other documents requiring the seal of the Council shall be sealed with the common seal of the Council.
(3) Every instrument to which the common seal is affixed shall be signed by any 2 members generally or specially authorised by the Council for the purpose, or by one member and the Chief Executive.
(4) The Council may, by resolution or otherwise in writing, appoint any officer of the Council or any other agent either generally or in any particular case to execute or sign on behalf of the Council any agreement or other instrument not under seal in relation to any matter coming within the powers of the Council.
(5) All courts, judges and persons acting judicially shall take judicial notice of the common seal of the Council affixed to any document and shall presume that it was duly affixed.
—(1) The Council shall consist of the following members:
a Chairman; and
such other members, not being less than 5 or more than 17, as the Minister may from time to time determine.
(2) The Second Schedule shall have effect with respect to the Council, its members and its proceedings.