Constitution and Proceedings of Authority
1.—(1) The Chairman and other members shall be appointed by the Minister.
(2) The Minister may appoint the Chief Executive to be a member of the Authority.
2. A member shall hold office on such conditions and for such term, as the Minister may determine.
3.—(1) The Minister may appoint any member to be the Deputy Chairman of the Authority.
(2) At any time when the Chairman is absent or otherwise incapable of acting and no temporary Chairman has been appointed, the Deputy Chairman may exercise any of the functions of the Chairman.
4. The Minister may appoint any member to be a temporary Chairman during the temporary incapacity from illness or otherwise, or during the temporary absence from Singapore, of the Chairman.
5. The Minister may appoint any person to be a temporary member during the temporary incapacity from illness or otherwise, or during the temporary absence from Singapore, of any member.
6. The Minister may, at any time, revoke the appointment of the Chairman or the Deputy Chairman or any member without assigning any reason.
7. Any member may resign from his appointment at any time by giving notice in writing to the Minister.
8. The Chairman may, by instrument in writing, authorise any member to exercise any power or perform any function conferred on the Chairman by or under this Act.
9. The office of a member shall be vacated if the member —
has been absent, without leave of the Authority, from 3 consecutive meetings of the Authority; or
becomes in any manner disqualified from membership of the Authority.
10. If a member resigns, dies or has his appointment revoked or otherwise vacates his office before the expiry of the term for which he has been appointed, the Minister may appoint another person for the unexpired period of the term of office of the member in whose place he is appointed.
11. No person shall be appointed or shall continue to hold office as a member if he —
is of unsound mind;
is an undischarged bankrupt or has made any arrangement or composition with his creditors; or
is convicted of an offence involving dishonesty, fraud or moral turpitude and has not received a free pardon.
12.—(1) A member who is in any way, directly or indirectly, interested in —
a transaction or project of the Authority; or
a transaction or project involving a casino operator or an associate of a casino operator,
shall disclose the nature of his interest at the first meeting of the Authority at which he is present after the relevant facts have come to his knowledge.
(2) A disclosure under sub-paragraph (1) shall be recorded in the minutes of the meeting of the Authority and, after the disclosure, that member shall not take part in any deliberation of the Authority with respect to that transaction or project.
(3) For the purpose of determining whether there is a quorum, a member shall be treated as being present at a meeting notwithstanding that under sub-paragraph (2) he cannot vote or has withdrawn from the meeting.
13. There shall be paid to the Chairman and other members, out of the funds of the Authority, such salaries, fees and allowances as the Minister may from time to time determine.
14.—(1) The Chairman shall summon meetings as often as may be required.
(2) At every meeting of the Authority, a quorum shall consist of 3 members.
(3) A decision at a meeting of the Authority shall be adopted by a simple majority of the members present and voting except that in the case of an equality of votes the Chairman or member presiding shall have a casting vote in addition to his original vote.
(4) The Chairman or in his absence the Deputy Chairman shall preside at all meetings of the Authority.
(5) Where both the Chairman and the Deputy Chairman are absent at a meeting, such member as the members present may elect shall preside at that meeting.
(6) Where not less than 4 members of the Authority request the Chairman by notice in writing signed by them to convene a meeting of the Authority for any purpose specified in the notice, the Chairman shall, within 7 days from the receipt of the notice, convene a meeting for that purpose.
(7) The Authority may act notwithstanding any vacancy in its membership.
(8) Subject to the provisions of this Act, the Authority may make rules to regulate its own procedure generally, and, in particular, the holding of meetings, the notice to be given of such meetings, the proceedings thereat, the keeping of minutes and the custody, production and inspection of such minutes.
15. The acts of a member shall be valid notwithstanding any defect in his appointment or qualifications.