—(1) Every Registrar, Kadi and Naib Kadi shall be a public servant within the meaning of the Penal Code (Cap. 224).
(2) All proceedings before the Syariah Court or before the Registrar or a Kadi or Naib Kadi under this Act shall be deemed to be judicial proceedings within the meaning of Chapter XI of the Penal Code.
—(1) Every Kadi or Naib Kadi shall have power to issue a notice or a summons to any person to appear before him and to give evidence or to produce any document in his possession.
(2) Every person to whom a notice or a summons is sent or served under this section shall be legally bound to comply therewith.
(3) Every Kadi and Naib Kadi may examine on oath any person who has appeared before him in compliance with a notice or summons.
—(1) The Register of Marriages, Register of Divorces and Register of Revocation of Divorces, and the general index of each of those Registers shall be open to inspection by any person upon payment of the prescribed fee.
(2) The Registrar or any president of the Syariah Court, as the case may be, shall, upon payment of the prescribed fee, furnish any person requiring the same a copy of any entry in any of the Registers certified under his signature and seal of office.
144. The Register of Marriages, Register of Divorces and Register of Revocation of Divorces and any copy of any entry therein, certified under the hand and seal of the Registrar or any president of the Syariah Court, as the case may be, to be a true copy or extract, shall be prima facie evidence in all courts and tribunals in Singapore of the dates and acts contained or set out in each of those Registers, copy or extract.
—(1) The President of Singapore may make such rules as seem to him necessary or expedient for the purpose of carrying out the provisions of this Act.
(2) Without prejudice to the generality of subsection (1), the power to make rules shall include —
regulating and prescribing the procedure and practice of the Syariah Court and the Appeal Board, including the manner of service of summons;
prescribing what part of the business which may be transacted and of the jurisdiction and powers which may be exercised by a president of the Syariah Court may be transacted or exercised by the registrar of the Syariah Court (including provisions for and concerning appeals from decisions of the registrar of the Syariah Court); and
prescribing the fees to be charged by the Syariah Court, the Appeal Board, and by the Registrar, Kadis and Naib Kadis and the incidence and application of such fees.