Proceedings of Management Committees of Bodies Corporate
1. The chairman shall preside at all meetings of the committee at which he is present and, if he is absent from any such meeting, the members of the committee present at that meeting shall appoint one of their number to preside at that meeting during the absence of the chairman.
2.—(1) At any meeting of a committee a quorum shall consist of the majority of the members of the committee.
(2) Subject to this Act, the decision on any matter of the majority of the members voting on that matter shall be the decision of the committee at any meeting at which a quorum is present.
(3) A committee shall cause a record of its decisions, of any notices given to its secretary under section 22 and full and accurate minutes of its meetings, to be kept.
3.—(1) The committee shall keep minutes of its proceedings and shall cause minutes of general meetings to be kept.
(2) The committee shall —
cause proper books of account to be kept in respect of all sums of money received and expended by it, specifying the matters in relation to which the receipts and expenditure take place; and
on the application of an owner or a mortgagee of a flat (or any person authorised in writing by him) make the books of account available for inspection at all reasonable times.
4. For not less than 24 hours ending immediately before a committee holds a meeting it shall cause a notice of its intention to hold the meeting, containing the agenda for the meeting, to be displayed on the notice-board of the body corporate.
5. An owner of a flat shall be entitled to attend a meeting of the committee but may not address the meeting except with the permission of the committee.
6. Any act or proceeding of a committee done in good faith shall, notwithstanding that at the time when the act or proceeding was done, taken or commenced there was —
a vacancy in the office of a member of the committee; or
any defect in the appointment, or any disqualification of any such member,
be as valid as if the vacancy, defect or disqualification did not exist and the committee were fully and properly constituted.