—(1) An authorised examiner shall keep at each of his vehicle testing stations a record relating to all examinations carried out at that station in a manner approved by the Registrar.
(2) The record shall be kept in duplicate and the particulars required to be contained therein shall be inserted therein as soon as practicable after each examination has been carried out.
(3) On the first working day of each week, the authorised examiner shall send to the Registrar one copy of the record containing all the entries made therein relating to every examination as a result of which a test certificate has been issued during the week immediately preceding that day.
(4) The other copy of the record shall be preserved by the examiner at the vehicle testing station for a period sufficient to ensure that upon the inspection at any time of that record under rule 16 the entries relating to any examination carried out within the last preceding 3 years will be available for inspection.
(5) An authorised examiner shall ensure that upon the issue by that examiner of a test certificate or an inspection report, a copy of that certificate or inspection report is made and preserved at the vehicle testing station for a period of not less than 3 years.
(6) An authorised examiner shall furnish any record or information in respect of all examinations carried out at the vehicle testing station when required by the Registrar.