—(1) The proper authority may from time to time by notice require a person subject to this Act to report for registration and for fitness examination for the purposes of service under this Act.
(2) A person required to report for registration and fitness examination under subsection (1) shall report to the proper authority at such date, time and place as may be specified in the notice and shall attend from day to day until duly registered and examined.
—(1) A person required to report for registration shall —
furnish such particulars about himself as may be prescribed;
submit for inspection to the proper authority such certificates or documents as may be prescribed;
carry on his person such certificate or document as may be issued by the proper authority and present that document or certificate on demand to the proper authority or to any military policeman, police officer or to any person acting on his behalf; and
submit to the taking of his photograph and finger impressions.
(2) Any person affected by a notice given under section 3(1) who, without lawful excuse, fails to present himself for registration in accordance with the notice shall be guilty of an offence and shall be liable on conviction to a fine not exceeding $10,000 or to imprisonment for a term not exceeding 3 years or to both.
(3) The court before which a person is convicted of an offence under subsection (2) may also order that person to present himself for registration for national service on or before a specified date and any person who, without lawful excuse, fails to present himself for registration in accordance with such an order shall be guilty of an offence and shall be liable on conviction to a fine not exceeding $50 for every day during which he fails to register himself after the specified date.
5. A person required to report for a fitness examination shall —
undergo or submit himself to that examination; and
furnish the proper authority with correct and complete information in respect of any matter which the proper authority considers to be material for the purpose of determining his fitness for service or fitness for any duty in service.
6. The proper authority may, in accordance with regulations made under this Act, order any person to furnish information in respect of a person subject to this Act.
—(1) The proper authority shall appoint medical boards for the purpose of determining the medical fitness of persons required to report for a fitness examination.
(2) Every medical board shall consist of one or more members who shall be registered medical practitioners.
(3) In the case of a medical board consisting of more than one member, the proper authority shall nominate one of the members to be chairman.
(4) Where a medical board consists of more than one member, it shall determine whether a person is medically fit or not by a majority vote.
(5) In the case of an equality of votes, the chairman of the medical board shall have a second or casting vote.
(6) Every medical board shall act for and on behalf of the proper authority and may subject a person required to report for a fitness examination to a medical examination.
(7) For the purpose of conducting a medical examination, a medical board may require a person subject to this Act who is liable to report for a fitness examination to be examined by a person who is not a member of the medical board.